Friday, May 27, 2011

Turning jobs done before finishing

First I tried to make something with smaller diameter because of high speed with 1:2 temporary belt reduction and temporary placed motor.





 Then I made my first really useful thing on my lathe: a new handle for my umbrella.
And in place: Larger nut is for opening.

 Trying somethin larger with holding plate. Birch log was half dry half wet and with my bad chisels and too high speed (1400rpm) didn't get good results.


 And something really useful for the lathe:


 A six speed speed reduction pulley. To turn straight pulley I had to drill 20mm hole before turning and then replace lathe's shaft with longer to mount stock on the shaft.
 It is made out of green birch log. I grinded a spechial chisel out of an old file for the belt grooves. Guality is fine and I hope that it will not brake while drying.

1 comment:

  1. The pieces look great. Good work! I found your site from Matthias at woodgears.ca.

    Hello from America!

    ReplyDelete